Wednesday 8 September 2010

Where I Want To Be

As part of my course at Catch 22 Academy I will be given the chance to work with the Academy’ established Media partners, some of which include Incisive Media, Redwood or BBC Magazines.

Although there is a long list of partners, here are my select three that interest me.

Bauer Media

This company is the largest privately own publishing group that offers 230 magazines in over 15 countries in addition to online, TV and radio stations. The company tiles 38 million magazines a week. I would like to work for Kiss FM as a music journalist or reporter. The companies Flagship publication is Grazia.





Recent news: The company has recently launched a range of Nickelodeon for distribution in the Clarke’s shoes store.




John Brown

This company has for specific divisions, which include magazines, digital, kids and catalogues for companies such as Chelsea FC, Virgin and John Lewis. The company is a customer’s magazine. The Flagship publication is Sense (RBS), which has a circulation of 882,604. I would like to work for Virgin, as I am interested in working with their digital media and would like to cover music.


Recent news: John Brown has recently appointed ex-Marie Claire Deputy Vanessa Thompson editor of the new John Lewis magazine scheduled to launch in September 2010.



Conde Nast

The company’s principle focus is fashion; they have offices overseas in Chicago, Miami, London and Paris. Their Flagship publication is Vogue, which is produced online as well as the hardback publication. The also produce magazine publications such as Glamour, GQ and Love. I would like to work for Glamour magazine as a journalist and cover the media events that take place in the fashion industry. The company’s current circulation for all of their publications is 1,539,661.



Recent news:
Readers of the Conde Nast traveller have voted India as the 7th best holiday destination in the world.

Although my ideal career would be in music journalism, I'm willing to expand my subject areas to as wide as possible, whether it be fashion, politics, music or current affairs. I love to write and will continue you to, so on this journey with Catch 22 I'm willing to go wherever it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment